Introduction to The Financial Markets – Online Course
This course will give you a general introduction to the financial markets in Scandinavia. You will learn about the various participants in the financi...
The course is structured around a number of topics. To insure an optimal learning, each topic consists of:
• A video explaining the practical use of the topic – i.e. how to use the scenario manager for stresstesting etc.
• A video showing how to use it for practical purposes
• An exercise where you get to solve a similar exercise
• A video showing how the exercise should be solved
The course includes:
• Possibility to ask questions and get answers within 24 hours.
• Two months access to the course
• 100% self-paced e-learning on demand.
You must set aside approx. 2 working days for the course.
• Date and Time Functions
• Financial Functions
• The Logical Library
• Lookup and Reference Library
• Build your own Bond Calculator (Duration, Price, Cash Flows)
• The Goal Seek (Yield-to-Maturity and Implied Volatility)
• Solver (Set up the Efficient Frontier, Optimize the Porfolio)
• Scenario Manager (Stresstesting a Portfolio)
• The Database Library
• Pivot Tables (Reporting and Administrating a Portfolio)
• The Function Library
• Value at Risk, Expected Shortfall (Simulation-based, Delta Normal)
• Formatting and Combo Boxes
• Risk Managers
• Risk Controllers
• Fund Managers
• Account Managers
• Financial Authorities
• Internal Auditors
A basic knowledge of financial instruments is an advantage. Whenever there is a new topic, you can choose to watch an introduction video to get familiar with the theory behind. As an example, you can watch a video explaining the various bond key figures before learning how to implement it in Excel.
Jørgen Just Andresen is Managing Director of Financial Training Partner A/S, which he co-founded in 2002.
He has many years of teaching experience as a chief consultant at SimCorp’s training department, which he joined in 1996. Prior to SimCorp he worked at Danske Bank with fixed income research and fixed income sales.
Jørgen has worked for a number of years as external lecturer at Copenhagen Business School and was awarded teacher of the year at CBS’ education Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Financial planning).
He is author of the books Finansiel Risikostyring (Financial Risk Management) and Finansielle Derivater (Financial Derivatives) published by Djøf Publishing.
He holds an M.Sc. (international finance) and an HD (accounting).
Jørgen teaches Derivatives, Risk Management, Portfolio Management and Fixed Income