Learn the basics of derivatives, clearing and risk Management. If you are looking to learn about equity derivatives, clearing and risk management and get practical tutorials on how to access and use information in Nasdaq´s systems, then this course is for you. Nasdaq Clearing Essentials is a tailor-made course with content based on frequently asked questions from market participants.
How is the online course conducted?
The course includes:
• A pre-recorded training, where you will get exercises and solutions as part of the training.
• Hands-on tutorial videos that can be applied directly into day-to-day practice.
• Final test and certificate of completion.
• 100% self-paced e-learning on demand. You decide when and at what pace you want to take the course.
• A training that is suitable for viewing on both computer and mobile.
Instructors of the course are Jørgen Just Andresen & Nasdaq experts.
You must set aside approx. 5 hours for the course.
• Introduction to options and futures
• Margin systems and operational risk management on derivatives
• Clearing and Central Counterparty Clearing House
• Nasdaq Clearing daily clearing and cash settlement cycle
• Collateral Management
– How to instruct cash callback
– How to instruct instrument callback/deposit
– How to instruct internal transfer
– How to check collateral surplus/deficit
– How to check monthly interest
– How to check NDR (Nasdaq daily rates)
• Cash Optimization process
• Trade management and fees
– How to find account and positions
– How to close out the position
– How to exercise the position
– How to find instruments and their fixing prices
– How to rectify, give-up, split and multi-edit the Trade
• Clearing reports
– How to retrieve the reports
– What information is reflected in most used Reports
• Introduction to Margin Simulations
– Overview of accounts, margin simulations and settings
The course is relevant to
Back-office, derivatives and clearing operations personnel working with equity derivatives, clearing and risk management.
Basic conceptual understanding of options and futures is recommended but not required as it will be possible to take introductory modules on futures/forwards and options.